Media Marketing Specialist
A1-Administrative FT Exempt
Central Administration Irvine
Why join Brandman?
Competitive compensation and benefits promote your health and well-being. Brandman embraces inclusion, promotes corporate responsibility, and applies sustainable practices on the job and in the office.
At Brandman University, we value the personal health and financial well-being of our employees. Our affordable and flexible benefits packages truly encompass our mission and values by giving our employees peace of mind to allow them to focus on their professional development and other important aspects in their lives. Our benefits include:
· Variety of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
· Health Savings Account (HAS)
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Wellness Programs (Physical and Mental Health Challenges, Campus Events)
· Robust and comprehensive Retirement Plan (Basic, Supplemental, Roth options)
· Employer matching and mandatory contribution by Brandman University
· Tuition Remission (Brandman and Chapman)
· Professional development through online learning and training tools
· Service/Recognition awards
· Paid time off
Responsible for generating greater awareness of Brandman University by leveraging traditional media to create demand. Manage the media agencies responsible for oversight of Brandman University’s media portfolio including: TV, radio, out of home, and print. Work closely with internal digital and creative teams to align strategies, coordinate efforts, and obtain/disseminate assets. Incorporate the overall vision and goals of the University to ensure media plans are strategically aligned, relevant to the target audience, and achieve desired KPIs. Perform all duties in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the University operates.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION:
Receive general supervision from the Media Marketing Manager.
General Supervision — indicates that the incumbent develops procedures for performance of variety of duties; or performs complex duties within established policy guidelines.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide relationship management and daily oversight of the traditional media agencies, media plans, timelines, and budgets.
· Bring forward new opportunities in the way of technology, new media options, etc.
· Ensure quarterly media plans are executed upon; review reporting against media plan and clearance issues; recommend allocation of unspent media budget.
· Strategize with the agencies of record on media planning, execution, performance analysis, and reporting of campaigns against pre-determined ROI and KPIs.
· Recommend most effective mix of traditional media (broadcast, print, billboards, etc.) based on research, market trends, target consumer demographics, and media budget.
· Review agency proposals and recommend revisions to ensure marketing media objectives are met.
· Responsible for budget management, including allocation of quarterly budgets, monthly invoice processing, and financial reconciliation on a monthly basis.
· Visit campuses to understand the distinctive characteristics of each media market and meet with local media vendors.
· Proactively identify and recommend creative uses of traditional media formats to generate increased brand awareness and demand.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of marketing principles, including market strategy, advertising, and communications
· Skill in managing one’s own time and the time of others
· Ability to receive and implement feedback
· Ability to understand and express opposing points of view while maintaining positive working relationships
· Ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
· Ability to analyze and prepare documents, reports, and correspondence
· Ability to travel 5-10% of the time
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSES:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field is required.
· Two (2) to five (5) years of account management and/or marketing experience.
· Experience with management of broadcast media preferred.
· Experience in digital media preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES, SOFTWARE, OTHER:
· Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to effectively use scanning and video conferencing technology
· Familiarity with the use of standard office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, scanner, etc.)
Contact with Students: Never
Contact with Faculty and/or Staff: Occasional
Contact with Community and Vendors: Frequent
Equal Employment Opportunity - Brandman University is committed to providing an educational and work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. Brandman prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and/ related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Reasonable Accommodation – Brandman University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.